Want to spice up your Google Slides presentation with including a YouTube video in him? If so, use the built-in Slides feature to embed your YouTube videos with customization options. We will show you how to do just that.
When you embed a video on YouTube, you can make the video play from the beginning or at a certain time. You can also select the time when your video ends. Also, if you don’t want the sound of the video, you can mute your video, as we’ll explain below.
CONNECTED: How to add screenshots to Google Slides
Embed YouTube video in a Google Slides presentation
To embed a YouTube video in Google Slides, you must first receive your videos URI (web link). You can get this URL by opening your YouTube video page, then copying the link that appears in your web browser’s address bar. The link should look like this:
Once you have a video connection ready, start the video embedding process by first opening a web browser on your computer and launching Google Presentations. On the site, select the presentation in which you want to add a video.
When your presentation opens, in the left sidebar, click the slide where you want to embed the video. Then choose Insert> Video from the Google Slides menu bar.
In the “By URL” section, click the “Paste YouTube URL here” box and link to your YouTube video. You can use the shortcut Ctrl + V (Windows) or Command + V (Mac) to place the connection.
As soon as you place the link, you’ll see a preview of your video. Confirm that this is the video you want to embed, then click ‘Select’ at the bottom of the window.
You already have a built-in YouTube video on the slide you choose. To resize the video on the slide, drag the available handles around the border of the video.
Use the “Format Options” sidebar on the right to customize how your video plays. In this sidebar, you’ll mainly use the “Video Playback” section to control the playback of your built-in video.
The options you can customize in this section are:
- Game (click): To make your video play only when you click, select this option.
- Game (automatic): To make your video play automatically when the slide appears, use this option.
- Game (manual): If you want the video to play only when you play it manually, select this option.
- Start from: If you want yours video to play at a specified time, enter this time here. For example, enter “02:00” to make your video start every 2 minutes.
- The end of c: With this option you can select the stamp for the time when your video stops playing.
- Mute: If you do not want the sound of your video in your presentation, enable this option.
Feel free to change the options available in other sections, such as “Size and rotation”, “Position” and “Shadow”.
Google Slides automatically saves your changes, so you don’t have to do anything to make sure your video stays in your presentation.
And so you make your presentations more engaging by including multimedia content in them. Enjoy!
Did you know you can add some music as well as to Google Slides?
CONNECTED: How to add music to Google Slides