High-rise building in Dallas evacuated due to “slight smell of gas”

DALAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The entire apartment building at East Quarter Residences was evacuated earlier tonight.

At 6:57 p.m., Dallas fire and rescue teams were called to an emergency call for carbon monoxide on 315 South Cesar Chavez Boulevard.

The Dallas Fire and Rescue Service said initial reports indicated that the alarms were sounding on several floors. Some residents complain that there is a slight smell of gas and one resident was taken to a local hospital for evaluation.

Plano and HazMat fire crews joined the Dallas Fire and Rescue Service to read in the 20-story high-rise building.

According to the Dallas Fire-Rescue, there were several floors with positive readings. Authorities are still trying to identify the source.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.